Want to adopt a dog? Here’s how!
- Come to our Shelter to check out the dogs and then fill out the Adoption Application,
- Fill out an application once you have met the dog you are interested in. Please make sure to include phone numbers for references so we can contact them.
- Dogs are placed based on the best home for the dog. We do not place dogs based on first application received.
- We do require that your current pets be up to date on their vaccines and that if you own a dog that you give a monthly heartworm preventative.
- Please note we will not process an application until you have come to meet the dogs at the Shelter.
In the meantime, what do our dogs get before they can be adopted?
Before being placed up for adoption each dog:
- is spayed or neutered
- is vaccinated and microchipped, and checked for heartworm disease
- receives needed treatments for current medical issues
- receives training with our dog behaviorist as needed
- participates in enrichment programs with our volunteers
- is socialized with other dogs and new people to become more adoptable