Want to adopt a dog? Here’s how!
- Come to our Shelter not only to fill out the Adoption Application, but also to check out the dogs we have at that time.
- Fill out an application for the dog you are interested in. Please make sure to include phone numbers for references so we can contact them.
- Dogs are placed based on the best home for the dog. We do not place dogs based on first application received.
- We do require that your current pets be up to date on their vaccines and that if you own a dog that you give a monthly heartworm preventative.
In the meantime, what do our dogs get before they can be adopted?
Before being placed up for adoption each dog:
- is spayed or neutered
- is vaccinated and microchipped, and checked for heartworm disease
- receives needed treatments for current medical issues
- receives training with our dog behaviorist as needed
- participates in enrichment programs with our volunteers
- is socialized with other dogs and new people to become more adoptable